I have a proven track record of community service and I am a proud member of the Nonantum Neighborhood Association (NNA) since its founding in 2011. Currently, I serve as the board’s secretary and as a key part of an effective and collaborative team.
Some of our Board’s Accomplishments Include:
● Worked with the Public Works Dept and the Mayor’s Office on Newton’s Beautification Program by coordinating and implementing projects in Nonantum such as tree and flower plantings, new trash receptacles, decorating the electrical boxes, and adding twinkle lights on Watertown Street trees.
● Advocated for street safety issues such as crosswalk painting, sidewalk replacement on Watertown Street, signal lights at the intersection of Adams Street and Watertown Street, upgraded with pedestrian signal timers and decorative supports. We were also instrumental in having the traffic signal lights moved from Capitol Street to Pearl Street on Watertown Street.
● Hosted several community meetings regarding safety, loitering and noise issues in our local parks and trails along the Charles River, speeding on our Village roads, littering, and contamination of TCE in our homes.
● Collaborated with local Nonantum businesses to participate with Newton’s annual Shop and Stroll.
● Promote and support local village businesses
● Showcased and promoted The Artful Piano at Colletti-Magni Park as part of Newton Festival of the Arts.
● Volunteered annually as Village host for Tour de Newton bicycle riders to greet and promote our village of Nonantum.
● Hosted the annual Nonantum Village Day, a family-friendly event held every June where all rides and entertainment are free. Local businesses and artisans participate and college scholarships donated by NNA are awarded to local Nonantum high school seniors.